Hello, I decided it was time for an update about the state of Generic Games (that is, me).
I’ve recently had the opportunity to devote a lot more time to writing games and less to a day job, which is quite exciting. I’ve been getting a lot done and hope to have more releases for you this year.
Here’s what I’m working on now. Hopefully some of this will be of interest to some of you.
- XG-ULTRA is a game about a group of bold explorers jumping through portals to other planets and dealing with the problems they find there. It’s a Forged in the Dark game, based mostly off Band of Blades. I’ve been playtesting this through the lockdown here in New Zealand, and it’s been going great (except that I had to learn a lot about playtesting online to get it done).
- This Strange Old House and Shared Inheritance are Monster of the Week add-ons. The first is a setting, where the hunters inherit a spooky house and must uncover its secrets and deal with the evil inside it. The second is a team playbook, like a Blades in the Dark crew sheet, for a hunter team drawn together by a legacy. These are intended to go together, but can also be used separately.
- Revisions for the Monster of the Week Reinforcements playbooks, to update the layout and bring them in line with my current approach to hunter archetypes.
- A solo journalling game, in which you are a lone wanderer on a quest through a far future land. Still writing this one up.
- A big update for the early access version of The Natural Philosophers, after another playtest and the associated feedback.
These are on the backburner:
- Heavy Metal Æons, the game of heavy metal science fantasy adventures. I need to write up and playtest a major rules change before this can move ahead.
- Devil & the Deep, the game of character-focused naval adventure. I’m planning to release a quickstart/beta pack for this.
- A new hunter archetype for Monster of the Week, tentatively named the Spooktacular. It’s a hunter with a background in a supernatural travelling show.
- A revision and update for Too Many Draculas.
I expect to get back onto Devil & the Deep once the first draft of XG-ULTRA is done, and Heavy Metal Æons after that. The smaller projects will get done when I have gaps in the bigger ones.
Also, here’s where you can buy my games right now: